Lunch on my first day was a spicy veggie soup and sushi. I adore sushi and we love eating it on a Saturday as a treat. Making an anti-candida friendly one was so rewarding.
Vegetable Cleanse Soup
- Small courgette (zucchini)
- Cavolo Nero Cabbage (member of the kale family)
- Onion (finely diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 litres of filter water
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Dice the onion and garlic and sweat in a pan for 3 minutes.
2. Add the courgette and sweat for another minute.
3. Add the cabbage water and pepper.
4. Add herb salt to taste.
5. Simmer for 5 to 10 minute
Calories: 113 (appx)
Vegetable Sushi rolls (makes 6 rolls)
Absolutely no rice in this sushi rolls, and they really are delicious. The fresh ginger definitely makes it. You could add salmon or chicken in there too.
- Half a head of small cauliflower
- Half a cucumber, de-seeded
- Tomato, de-seeded
- Radish sprouts
- Freshly grated ginger
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sushi seaweed
1. Mince the cauliflower in a blender and then gently saute in a tip of coconut oil.
2. Add 2 tsps of apple cider vinegar.
3. When cool, lay the cauliflower on top of your seaweed.
4. Lay the avocado strips, cucumber, tomato, radish and ginger on top.
5. Roll up your sushi and sprinkle with more vinegar.
Calories: 130 appx